Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.
A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.
Philippians 4:8 NLT
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 10:5b
We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then, you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
Nehemiah 4:1-3, 6
When Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, he became angry and was greatly incensed. He ridiculed the Jews, and in the presence of his associates and the army of Samaria, he said, “What are those feeble Jews doing? Will they restore their wall? Will they offer sacrifices? Will they finish in a day? Can they bring the stones back to life from those heaps of rubble—burned as they are?” Tobiah the Ammonite, who was at his side, said, “What they are building—even a fox climbing up on it would break down their wall of stones!” So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart.
Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”
1 Samuel 17:32, 37
David said to Saul, “Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him.” The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul said to David, “Go, and the LORD be with you.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership -Kent M. Keith
1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
– Love them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
– Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
– Succeed anyway.
4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
– Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
– Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men with the smallest minds.
– Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
– Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
– Build anyway.
9. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
– Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have, and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
– Give the world the best you have anyway.
1 Corinthians 2:16b
We have the mind of Christ.
How to Rule Your Atmosphere
- Spend time with God daily. – First 15
- Get off Facebook / social media that pulls you down.
- Gather with God’s people every Sunday.
- Participate in 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting. (Jan. 7-27)